As part of the pre-construction remediation service, Cognition Land and Water generally take responsibility for obtaining any required approvals and ensuring that all relevant planning conditions are discharged.
We provide a wide range of enabling services:
- Investigations and surveys, asbestos management, pre remediation works, site clearance, archaeological and UXO attendance, utilities isolations and diversions
- Invasive weed clearance and management
- Concrete breakout and crushing works
- Specialist advance works – both remediation (i.e. groundwater) and civil engineering (i.e. temporary works)
The enabling works we are able to provide are very often complimentary to our site clearance, demolition and remediation contracts, ensuring a managed start to the project ensuring success overall.
Here are a select few examples of our enabling works in action:
- Our Wisbech site was remediated in order to reduce environmental and human health risk, enabling redevelopment to facilitate regeneration. This included in situ and ex situ Bioremediation of 30,000m3 hydrocarbon contaminated soil and groundwater treatment including NAPL removal and chemical oxidation injection.
- Groundwater treatment and bioremediation was also a key part of the enabling works at our Kodak site in Harrow. The pump and treat technique was utilised in order to remove NAPL and facilitate excavation. In addition, 10,000m3 of hydrocarbon contaminated soil was bioremediated to enable its reuse.
- At Burgess Hill, ecological mitigation works were carried out, involving wildlife clearance and monitoring. Additionally, delineation and the removal of Japanese knotweed stands took place as part of the enabling works on this site.